Creating a Unique Student Identifier (USI) will only take a few minutes and it is free. You only need to create a USI once and it will stay with your student for life including future training organisation or universities your student may enrol in.
How to get a USI
1. Visit the Website https://www.usi.gov.au.
3. Complete the steps on the webpage.
4. Record your USI.
Certification consequences of not providing a VET USI. Students who achieve VET units of competency or VET qualifications without a VET USI will not:
• Have the results reported on the Western Australian Statement of Student Achievement (WASSA).
• Have the achievements allocated unit equivalent/s and may not meet the requirements to receive a WACE.
• Have the achievements recognised in the completion requirement for VET Industry Specific courses.