The Parents and Citizens Association is comprised of parents, teachers and other interested citizens who have a common interest in promoting the education of our children. It helps to bring about communication and cooperation between students, teachers and parents and works to foster community interest in school matters.
It also acts as another channel of communication for parents, fundraises for equipment for the school, improves school facilities and organizes social activities which provide an opportunity for parents and teachers.
We welcome more parents to join us at the P&C, especially those of our new Year 7 and 8 students!
The GSSHS P&C Executive Committee is currently comprised of 11 members, who all volunteer their time and skills to making the school a better and more enjoyable place for our children to learn and make friends.
“I’m passionate about life and making a difference where possible, I see a good education as a foundation of all elements of life and that is why I support this school where I can”.
“I have a great love for learning new things, having a go, and I believe with self-belief and hard work you can achieve whatever you want”.
“I’m passionate about my family, my community, my work in sustainability and my outdoor pursuits”.
“I have three passions in life – community, sustainability and netball!”
• $500 – Purchase of Wheelie bins for Containers for Change (2022)
• 2 x $500 awards for Yr 12 Dux students, and P&C Award itself (2021)
• Cameras in Café (2019)
• $5,000 – School bench seats and picnic tables in the quad area (2019)
• $1,600 – Bike racks, scooter anchors, and skateboard racks (2018)
• $1,000 – Drama and Speech trophies (2018)
• Café mirrors (2018)
• $10,000 – Shade Sails Project in Quad Area (2017)
• $10,000 – Bike Compound facility (2017)
• $2,400 contribution to GSSHS Italian Language Project (2017)
• $1,560 – 6-month Canteen subsidy to GSSHS Breakfast Club (2017)
We are currently looking at funding some more play options for the Year 7 students.
To join, simply fill out this P&C Membership Form and email it back to us at: GSSHS.PandC@gmail.com, or bring it to the next meeting. You also need to pay $1 to vote on meeting motions, which you can pay at the meeting, or via bank transfer to the GSSHS P&C: BSB 036-033; Account No: 298944
Any queries or concerns, please email us at: GSSHS.PandC@gmail.com
Term 1 Monday 27 March Week 9
Term 2 Monday 22 May Week 5
Term 3 Monday 28 August Week 7
Term 4 Monday 27 November Week 8
P&C meetings are held in the school admin conference room at 6:30 pm (following the school board meeting).