Delivered in partnership with universities and industry, the Specialist Program in Artsmedia provides students with in-depth industry knowledge and access to the latest technology to develop their skills in visual arts, digital and game design, film and television, journalism and photojournalism.
Delivered in partnership with Murdoch University this program offers students:
- Practical, insider knowledge and guidance from specialist teachers
- Industry experts to help develop job ready skills.
- Tertiary and industry links to give access to university or training organisations.
- Excursions and participation in real life projects, competitions and exhibitions to inspire students to turn their skills into a career.
- Completion of Certificate II in Visual Arts.
Commencing in Year 7, the Specialist Program in Artsmedia is delivered via 4 hours of tuition per week. In Year 7 Specialist Artsmedia is offered as an academic stream. This stream prepares students for university entry. Our partnership with Murdoch University provides opportunities for direct university entry. The Specialist Artsmedia Program is also offered as a Vocational program stream in the later years. This stream provides nationally recognised certification in a range of creative industries in preparation for future education or training.
Entry into the Specialist Program is through a selection process. Students apply directly to the school. All applicants complete a selection test (stage 1). Those students selected from this test go on to do a practical task and interview (stage 2). Please provide a copy of the student’s most recent school report and Year 5 NAPLAN results.
Students apply the previous year for entry in the following year (Year 6 for entry in Year 7). Year 5 students may also register their interest to receive information about future places by contacting the school on (08) 6274 0300.